Monday, September 10, 2012

Mmmmmm, Monday Mornings and Hobos



I always feel like a hormonal little tweenage girl whenever I wake up in a bad mood.  Usually there is absolutely zero reason for it.  None.  Sure I have classes and such, but so does everyone else.  So what causes my prepubescent desire to whine in the mornings?
Waking up to a jackhammer didn't help.  But that’s just annoying.  And honestly my life is pretty darn good.  (I will rarely talk about my own life in here, but deal with it for like two sentences because it’s relevant. … And I wanna brag a little)  I have a great home and home-away-from-home, awesome roommates, enough free time to climb as many things as I want (I’m a climber, in case that wasn’t clear and/or you don’t know me), caring parents, and an amazing girlfriend.  Seriously, when I start to complain and I think of what I actually have to complain about… I feel like an idiot.
And true, we all need to whine a little bit; we all have problems, and no matter how small they tend to matter to us in some way or another.  I think 50% of all conversations have to do with one side complaining to the other anyway.
If one thing ever makes me shut up, though, it’s witnessing someone who has SO much more to complain about.  Seeing a homeless drunk passed out on the grass at 4 in the afternoon in Santa Monica is usually one of those things.
And I have to wonder… how did they get there?  Where did they go so wrong that they turned out penniless, so far into their life?  What mistakes did they make?  What will they do when they awaken from their drunken stupor?  The judgmental part of me thinks they will just beg for more money for alcohol and continue the cycle. 
Another part of me wants to believe that they have just hit a rough patch.  Maybe one day they will start the next company able to compete with Apple and Microsoft.
Or maybe they’ll just get inspired and patent a new, incredibly powerful brand of deodorant…
Homeless people smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment